New construction isn’t new to us
Founded in 1960 as the finance arm of a San Diego home builder, Guild Mortgage now has more than 340 locations across 29 states. As we expand nationally, we remain passionate about what has always helped us grow—our dedication to personalizing service for each of our customers and yours. We work toward the best outcome for every situation and every borrower.
We do what’s right. And since we understand the nuances of new construction, you can count on us to treat your buyers with the care they need throughout the process of home building.
Here’s how we support you:
- We issue fast, up-front credit approval from a direct lender
- Our builder-specific appraisal panels are experienced in the complexities of new construction
- Our local support and fulfillment teams are focused on builder transactions and workflow
- We have a common-sense approach to underwriting
- Our highly efficient operations team uses a practical and flexible approach to challenge resolution
- We offer escrow holdbacks available for weather and non-occupancy related items
- We have no overlays on core products
- We offer in-house condo approval services
- We provide sales education training and support for your team
- We consider opportunities for Joint Ventures
Our roots are in the builder community. Whether you’re a nationally recognized company or a small community builder, we provide direct support and communicate proactively with your entire team.
Here’s what you can count on from us:
- We have a long track record of closing on time
- We offer Credit Approval, not prequalification, within 24 hours of receipt of required docs
- We refer homebuyers to our builders to show our commitment to your success
- You’ll receive weekly status reports on leads, and rate sheets that are provided to community representatives
- We communicate through automated loan status emails and weekly verbal updates
A properly tailored mortgage becomes a tool to enable a whole new life. That’s why we offer a wide array of loan products to fit every buyer’s situation.
Our loan programs include:
- Hundreds of down payment assistance programs
- FNMA & FHLMC affordable housing programs
- Reduced PMI rate for many of your buyers
- USDA loans
- Jumbo loans to $3 million
- Delegated Jumbo underwriting
- Non-warrantable condo financing
- Extensive investor network to complement our diverse menu of products
- Special programs for doctors, teachers, first responders and other professionals
Dedicated builder teams
Builder teams are trained specifically to handle new construction transactions.
Support and coaching for buyers
Our loan officers are there to help mitigate the worries of new homebuyers throughout the many stages of new construction.
Guidance for buyers on options and deposits
Our loan officers and loan processors put buyers’ minds at ease regarding the options selection and deposit process.
Prompt appraisal orders
Our team creates specific timelines on all transactions to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Appraisals are ordered with time to spare.
Accelerated document process
We allow buyers to sign their final loan documents and prepare for funding prior to receiving the Certificate of Occupancy and final appraisal inspection.
Exceptions for Certificate of Occupancy
Guild allows exceptions to fund if we know that the Certificate of Occupancy, or local equivalent, will be in hand soon.
coast to coast
More than 340 locations in 29 states
View our presentation
Let’s build together
Builders: With our roots in the builder community, we have a long history of partnering with builders like you. Get in touch to see how we can work together.
Lenders: Ready to take your business to the next level? Please visit us at switchtoguild.com.