Homeownership with only 1% down
Introducing the Guild 1% Down Loan, a unique down payment assistance program offering 3% equity with just 1% down.
- You bring 1% down, and we’ll add 2% more—no strings attached*
- Move in with 3% equity for only 1% down payment
- Ideal for those with good credit who struggle with a down payment
1% Down Eligibility
- Minimum 680 FICO
- Income limit of 100% of area median income (no limit for properties in low-income census tracts)
- Not just for first-time homebuyers
- Homeownership education course required
1% Down Program Details
- Guild down payment assistance is a 2% grant to the borrower that does not need to be repaid
- Loan amounts up to $424,100 (higher loan amounts available in AK and HI)
- Cancellable, reduced mortgage insurance
- Flexible underwriting to include income from non-borrower household members, boarder income and rental income
- Condos OK
- 97% LTV conventional loan
Affordable Lending Just Got Amazing
Get one step closer to homeownership, with our 1% Down loan and other low down payment programs.
- Find a loan officer: Get in touch with a loan officer near you to discuss the 1% Down program one on one.
- More options: Read on to learn about other down payment assistance programs, or find out about low-down payment FHA loans.
- Apply now: Ready to get started? Apply online.
Business Partners: Get the 1% Down Facts
Think you’ve heard about 1% down programs before? Guild’s 1% Down Loan program has important differences that make it easier for more people to qualify:
- Qualifying factors include non-borrower household income & rental income
- Standard conventional loan
- Debt-to-income ratios up to 50%
- Guild’s longstanding expertise in down payment assistance programs and first-time homebuyers
- Guild’s direct lender status means fewer investor overlays, more control and faster closings for your buyers
Get in touch with a loan officer near you for more details on Guild’s innovative 1% Down program.
Other Down Payment Assistance Programs
Down Payment Assistance (DPA) programs are first-time homebuyer programs typically offered by your county to assist you with the costs of purchasing a home in that county. Guild Mortgage maintains one of the industry’s most extensive network of approved partner relationships with county housing offices nationwide.
Eligibility for DPAs is commonly based in part on income thresholds. However, in some high-cost housing areas, DPA eligibility may be based on factors other than income. DPA is commonly provided in the form of a grant or a loan, which is secured as a lien against the property and often forgiven over time.
Ideally Suited for
- First-time homebuyers
- Those whose incomes fall below the area median income levels
- The ability to increase buying power or buy a home in a shorter period of time
- Potential to avoid mortgage insurance
- Non-repayable grants up to the entire DPA loan amount
*All loans are subject to underwriter final approval, terms and conditions may apply. Subject to change without notice. Always consult an Accountant or Tax Advisor for full eligibility requirements on tax deductions. Eligibility for this non-repayable grant is subject to the Program guidelines. Changes to loan parameters including but not limited to loan amount, owner-occupancy status, loan to value, and other factors may render Borrower ineligible for the Program. The grant may only be used for the borrower’s cash investment in accordance with the Program guidelines.
Home Loan GuideQuestions about the home buying process? Our Home Loan Guide has the answers you need to make smart decisions. Learn More
We stand behind our loans
- Real people at your side to make the complex loan process simple
- Hundreds of products and programs, especially for first-time homebuyers
- Fast, responsive, in-house loan operations to get you funded on time